Flamingo Therapeutics is a young, vibrant, international and fast-growing biotech company in the field of cancer therapeutics. With a strategic partnership with Ionis Pharmaceuticals, the world leader in RNA therapeutics, we are aiming to develop next-generation treatments against targets considered “undruggable” by conventional chemistries. Our lab is based in the new Arenberg Accelerator in Leuven and we have team members in France and the USA.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate to join our international team in Leuven, Belgium. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting the translational research linked to our clinical programs and will work closely with a cross-functional team of scientists to drive the development of innovative cancer therapies.
- You will plan and perform experiments independently, in a safe, efficient and correct manner.
- You will contribute to the development of immune-oncology assays to advance our understanding of drug mechanism of action.
- You will analyze data and maintain accurate and up-to-date laboratory records via the use of an electronic lab notebook system, reports and/or slide presentations.
- You will culture mammalian cell lines and primary cells and perform flow cytometry experiments.
- Additionally, you may perform different molecular and biochemical techniques such as (qRT-)PCR, Western blotting, ELISA and IHC, as needed.
- From time to time, you may be involved in performing animal experiments (e.g. tumor size measuring and tissue processing)
- You will participate in the daily laboratory management, which includes follow-up of the deliveries and stock management.
- Bachelor's degree in laboratory technology, biotechnology, or Bachelor/Master's in Life Sciences or equivalent.
- Strong laboratory skills, including experience with cell culture (mammalian cell lines and primary cells) and FACS, molecular biology techniques (RT-qPCR), and biochemical assays (WB and ELISA).
- Experience in histology (e.g. tissue processing and imaging) will be a plus.
- FELASA B certificate and with expertise in working with laboratory animals will be a plus.
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing) is mandatory.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Belgium.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Meticulous and with strong organizational skills
- Flexible and keen to learn new techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What we offer
We offer a full-time position in a dynamic and stimulating work environment with opportunities for professional growth. If you are passionate about contributing to the development of innovative cancer therapies and have a strong work ethic, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter